Friday, August 21, 2009

Time for some photos

Well, thanks to some prompting from Sandra of Pepperberry & Co, I finally decided to take some photos of some recent purchases and things I've made lately.


These earrings are the ones I got a couple of weeks ago from the Rose St Artists Market. Aren't they awesome! This is also my first attempt at photographing products a bit more professionally. The 'lightbox' is pretty amateur though as you'll see a bit further down.



This one is me, wearing the scarf from the Rose St market. Apparently some of the proceeds go to helping educate women in Cambodia, so not only do you get a nice scarf, you're helping people out as well. Nice! I also have a soft spot for Cambodia, having been there back in 2006. Believe me, they need all the money they can get when it comes to education.


...And just in case you were wondering what that artwork was behind my head, here it is in full. This one's my pride and joy. It's a signed limited edition print by Josh Agle (otherwise known as Shag). It's called 'welcome to your beautiful new lifestyle' and was given to me for my birthday by my awesome boyfriend.







Here's another one (also given to my by my boyfriend) called 'Alligator'. I got this for my birthday a couple of years ago and I love it!








These are some pics of a couple of bags I've made recent(ish)ly. The one on the left is a Nicole Mallalieu 'Baguette', and the one on the right is just a laptop sleeve I made for my laptop, which ended up being the wrong dimensions and is now just a 'whatever sleeve'.

This is my extremely amateurish and makeshift 'lightbox'. I'm going to make a proper on one day, but this was all I had on hand today.





Basting the edges together on the baguette, prior to sewing in the gusset.



This is the Elna press I bought on ebay




....and finally, my creative space!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, those earring ARE gorgeous! Nice find :-) I'm also loving the photography style- you did very well with your lightbox. Uber professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ambette! Thanks for commenting on my blog- I'm so glad you found the post useful :-) And it's nice to know someone else feels a bit lost sometimes too! I always go to respond to your comments, but your email doesn't show so I can't. If you ever want to send something through to littlemisspepperberry AT gmail DOT com, then I'll be able to reply! xx

    ReplyDelete

Go on, don't be shy!